Sunday, October 6, 2019

SELF REPORT 5 : SUMMARY AND SUGGESTIONS



1. Purposes of practicum
  
For me, as the practice teacher,purposes of the practicum is that I want to improve my teaching skill and also I want to be able to manage the class. During my practice teaching, I have improved my English skill such as listening, speaking, reading, and writing because I stayed in someone’s country where I have to communicate with English. The other purposes that I have found during this project, I have got new knowledge, new friends, new experiences.

2. Procedure of practicum
  • Before I teach first I observe how I teach, how the teacher handles the class, and know how the situation in the classroom and the students.
  • After observation I was given a topic related to the subject that I will teach.
  • After getting the topic I made a lesson plan and consulted about my lesson plan.
  • After the lesson plan is approved then I can teach in class.   
3. Outcomes of practicum 
as long as I join this program my English skills are greatly improved. I learned a lot about culture, language and everything related while I was in teaching practice.
 
4. The challenges of practicum
  • Time management
  •  Making my voice still louder
  • Making the lesson plan
  • Classroom management  
5. Overall impression 

I have to learn to accept the new culture, the people, the food, the weather, and the language. Although, I got a culture shock but then I learned that people have their own way doing their things. I need to accept and respect that as much as they do to me. 
 
6. Suggestions for future improvement 
I hope this program more better then now. or the next batch, the candidates are more ready to have their practice teaching. For all the candidates, before their visiting the country, please prepare yourself especially for your own field. I hope this SEA Teacher program will continue for the next more batch because this is very good program in improving student teacher’s ability in teaching, getting new experience. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment