Monday, October 14, 2019

FINAL DEMO AND CULTURAL NIGHT



Monday, September 23 2019

That day I was very excited to go to school because I would do the final demo / the last teaching. Before leaving for school I prepared all the equipment I needed to teach such as lesson plans, media, materials, absences, and so on. That day I prepared myself as best I could than usual. I will do the final demo at 3:00 PM in class 10 Mapagkakatiwalaan, but before that we had an appointment with ma'am Gladys. We want to interview her everything about the school that we can include in our blog as the final report of the SEAMEO program. Around 09.00 AM we departed from UC hotel by taxi when we got there directly to her room to ask everything related to the school. After interviewing ma'am Gladys, we went to the 4th floor of the school building, to be exact in the FF6 room where we used to gather before entering class.

While waiting for the teaching demo period I tried to prepare myself to teach that day. The clock showed 03.00 PM I entered the room accompanied by ma'am Annie as my critic teacher. Before I begin my learning I first gave her a lesson plan and evaluation form. While teaching in class Ma'am Annie made an assessment of everything I did. At the end of the lesson I said goodbye and thanked the students as much as possible. I also told them if I had any mistakes, I apologized. I was deeply moved by the separation that day. No exception ma'am Annie she was moved as I said these words. After teaching, Ma'am Annie immediately wanted to comment on my teaching performance that day, but at the same time we had an agenda in the campus, which was cultural night, which was held tonight at 6.00 PM. I immediately asked permission from Annie to come straight home.
with my students
with my critic teacher

After arriving at the hotel we immediately prepared ourselves because we would present Indonesian traditional dances in front of the guests who were present that night. We use makeup and wear special clothes for dancing. Rose, one of the buddies, came to our room to pick us up and went straight to the place where cultural night was held on the 9th floor. After we arrived at the place we were a little nervous because there were many people present at the event, there were already buddies, mr. Remir, and other lecturers. A few minutes waiting, the event began with a guided by 2 MCs. 
 
the MCs
 At the event we were presented with several performances from UC students.
UC students performance
  In the midst of the event the time came, namely our performance. We performed three types of dances which were the first Javanese dances performed by Deris, the second and third dances namely the traditional Dindin and Maumere which we all danced together. At the time of our appearance they were very enthusiastic. 

our performances
our performances
our performances

At the end of the event we parted ways with the buddies. They gave us a unique gift from Baguio. Then we continued to give a little reminder to Sir Remir from Indonesia. The event ended, we said goodbye to the buddies.

with buddies




No comments:

Post a Comment