Sunday, October 6, 2019

SELF REPORT 4 : TEACHING PRACTICE

1. Procedures of teaching
In UC junior high school, before I teach first I observe how I teach, how the teacher handles the class, and know how the situation in the classroom and the students. After observation I was given a topic related to the subject that I will teach. After getting the topic I made a lesson plan and consulted about my lesson plan.  After the lesson plan is approved then I can teach in class.
 
2. Time management and organizing activities
    In UC junior high school I teach 1 time a day, which is grade 10 Mapagkakatiwalaan.
§              Greeting, classroom management, and checking the student attendance = 5 minutes
§              Reviewing the previous lesson = 5 minutes
§              Motivation, QnA = 5 minutes
§              Lesson proper = 25 minutes
§              Application = 15 minutes
§             Generalization = 5 minutes

3. Problem-solving
  • I have a small body while my students have a big and tall body, because it makes me a little less confident, but that is not a barrier, as long as I teach in class I am very confident and don't think about all that anymore. 
  • I have a loud voice, but I must be able to control it because sometimes it can run out quickly if it is not controlled. But as long as I teach I can control and handle it.
4. Classroom management
  • When the subject changes the students will scatter out of class, and when I enter they are very noisy. The way that I used to overcome it was by saying "selamat siang", they also answered "selamat siang juga". If they are noisy in the middle of a lesson, I will said "one clap" or "double clap" that I did to attract their attention so as not to make noise in class. 
  • I teach 10th grade Mapagkakatiwalaan at 3-4 pm. at those hours are tired and not enthusiastic hours, it is a challenge for me in teaching because I have to be able to rebuild their spirits and not force them too much if they are really tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment