Wednesday, October 9, 2019

CLASSROOM OBSERVATION IN SECOND WEEK

Monday, September 8 2019

This Monday was where all of our activities have returned to normal. We had to go to school for observation before the teaching and learning process began. The weather here every day only rains almost never has the sun. That day grade school did not go to school because of bad weather, rain and strong winds that occurred on that day. My friends Nurul and Deris did not make observations because they taught in grade school and on that day the grade school was vacated. But they still went to school because they want to meet with their critic teacher. Then for high school they still enter school, automatically me and my friends who teach in high school must go to school for observation. My friends and I have different schedules, Yosi, Nia, Gilang, and Rika, they start their classes from 11.00 AM-13.00 PM and there are also starts at 02.00-03.00 PM. While Sukis and I have the same schedule, which starts at 03.00-04.00 PM so every day I go to school at 02.00 PM.
rainy and windy weather
That day I went to school at 01.00 PM because I wanted to go together with Deris, Nurul, and Sukis. Before going to school we still rested in the hotel room. JM namely Gilang buddies came to the hotel room, there we talked and exchanged experiences about our activities in their respective countries. In addition, I also share with all my friends about the SEAMEO program because before I had been buddies. Then I also motivated JM to take part in the SEA-teacher program and choose Indonesia especially UNISKA, which is my campus as a place for internship. JM is a very humble person and talks a lot which is the reason we are close to him. After 01.00 PM we decided to go to school and JM returned to continue his activities on campus. At school I observed and talked with my critical teacher and she wanted me to start teaching next Monday.
JM our buddies
Tuesday, September 9 2019

My routine began with a class observation of grade 10 Mapagkakatiwalaan. I pay attention and observe the way the teacher teaches and delivers the material. on that day I was accompanied by Yosi for observation. Before I observed class 10 Mapagkakatiwalaan I first observed yosi in grade 7 Mabait. After observing, I met with my critical teacher to talk about the material / topic that I would like to deliver next Monday. She gave me material about Literature; she also gave me advice how to deliver the material while teaching. After talking to her, I went straight to the hotel to rest and eat.
 
classroom observation

Wednesday, September 10 2019

My observation activity still continues, at 3.00 to 4.00 AM class observations begin. While waiting for these hours I just stayed at the hotel to make a lesson plan, understand the material that I will teach later, and try to write for the blog as a report for the program I was following. Early in the morning my friend (Yosi and Rika) and I went to the cafeteria to buy food. In the canteen, we bought a typical Filipino meal, chicken soup cooked with bananas and some vegetables. the taste is not too familiar in my tongue, because ripe and sweet bananas mixed with vegetables and chicken that tastes delicious. But I still eat it because it considers it as a new experience.  

At 02.20 PM I left the hotel for school together with Sukis who had the same schedule as me. We arrived there at around 14.35 PM while waiting for the change of class, I tried to understand how to teach teachers in class 10 Mapagkakatiwalaan.
 

At 03.00 PM I entered the class for observation. After observation I asked Annie ma'am about the material I was going to convey. He shared some tips on how to deliver material and manage time. After consulting with Annie ma'am we went back to the hotel.

Thursday, September 11 2019

Today's activity is only observation in class. At 02.30 PM I departed from the UC hotel to school using a taxi. Arriving at school I waited for the change of hours to make observations, the learning process with ma'am Annie who taught in front of the class.  The observation ended at 4:00 PM and I immediately said goodbye to Ma'am Annie to go home. Before going home I first stopped by the school library to return the book I had borrowed yesterday afternoon. After finishing returning books in the library, I met my friends in front of the school gate to go home together. Suddenly I met with JM and Jose they invited us to go home together in Jeepney. Yosi, Deris, Sukis, JM, Jose, and I walked from school to the place where Jeepney used to pass. Along the road to where waiting for Jeepney there are many people selling street food. We are also curious about the typical Philippine street food. JM and Jose also invited us to try it, together we also tried but only street was halal. We tried several types of street food there. I really like the taste.
street food

No comments:

Post a Comment